NOTICE This website is undergoing maintenance, please call 360-943-2744 for more information on Kids at Play 2013
Capital Playhouse is excited to be entering its 27th KIDS AT PLAY season in summer 2013. Youth ages 8 through 17 participate in this energy filled summer theatre program. Each play rehearses for five weeks at Capital Playhouse and then culminates in a full weekend of performances. Over the 10-week process, five full-scale musicals are rehearsed, choreographed and performed with professional sets, lights, costumes and orchestras. Cast sizes are limited and typically range between 45 and 60 students. Students who have participated in the program for four years are eligible to participate in our graduation ceremony and receive their graduation ring at age 17 — this is a time-honored event!
Registration is now open for KIDS AT PLAY 2013. You can register anytime prior to the first day of rehearsal for each show. Tuition for KIDS AT PLAY 2013 is $650 per show. Perks? If you continue to enroll in KAP each year, your tuition rate will never increase, provided you don't skip a year. Even better? New siblings can enroll at the same rate! Please see the enrollment policies for additional details.
Mission Statement: Capital Playhouse uses music, theater and dance to build self-confidence, maturity, self-discipline, responsibility and leadership for the youth of our community.
KIDS AT PLAY INFORMATION AVAILABLE BY CALLING
THIS PAGE CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED--
Mail-in KAP registration Call 360-943-2744 for more information.
- Returning students must enroll by September 23 or be subject to the current tuition rate of $675.
- 13 - 17 year olds may enroll in up to three shows. (And those turning 13 during the KAP season.)
- 8 - 12 year olds may enroll in up to two shows.
- The Who's Tommy, this KAP 2013 season's Honor/Reunion show, is enrollment via audition only. Auditions are open to students ages 8-17, parents of students and graduates, and SIAB actors. We will post on our home page when audition slots are available. Students planning to audition must enroll for another show and, if cast, will be allowed to a) add another show at their current tuition rate or b) switch with no fees.
- Once a show fills to it's maxiumum enrollment number we will begin a waiting list for that show, divided by gender. In order to be put on the waiting list, students must enroll in their second show choice.
- Students may switch shows with no penalty until September 23. If you pay your tuition in full at the time of enrollment you may switch shows with no penalty until March 16. Otherwise, switching shows outside of these guidelines will require a $150 administrative service fee. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Deposits and tuition are nonrefundable and MAY NOT be transferred to other family members should one member of a family drop.
- Tuition balance is due by June 10, 2013.
- KIDS AT PLAY continues to accept new enrollments up until the first day of rehearsal.
- Students eligible for graduation MUST participate in the summer they wish to graduate.
- A medical/emergency card is required on all students. If we do not have a current card on file, you agree to have one completed by the first day of rehearsal.
- Returning students' scholarship applications and cover letters must be submitted by February 1, 2013, to be considered for KAP 2013. New students' scholarship applications must be submitted by May 1, 2013.
- Capital Playhouse does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.